AMS 360: Updates & Additions in AMS aren't appearing in the Engine
- Ensure there are no undelivered notification messages "stuck" in the AMS360 queue
- Make sure the Notification Service is setup correctly in AMS360
- Make sure the NSDepot service is running on your AMS360 server
- Contact Vertafore
1. Ensure there are no undelivered notification messages "stuck" in the AMS360 queue
This is the most common problem. If your internet goes down for more than an hour, it is possible that AMS 360 gets stuck. From this point forward it will stop sending us a notification of policy and customer changes. Thus, we won't be able to update the Revolution Engine. Fortunately, this is easy to fix.
Navigate to Toolbox > Utilities > Undelivered Notification Messages
If you don't see this menu, you do not have "permissions." Contact your system administrator.
A) If there are unsent notifications in the list, check the Delete All button.
B) After 10 minutes, check back at this screen and hit Delete All again. Repeat this step several times if necessary
C) If you deleted all notifications, please contact us and we'll make sure that any missing messages get re-synced.
We would love to do this for you! But, we don't have access the user interface of AMS 360. If you don't see this screen, you'll need an administrator in your office to do this for you or elevate your permissions.
2. Make sure the Notification Service is setup correctly in AMS360
Instructions on how to correctly set up the Notification Service can be found by logging into your DIO/portal and going to Tools > Integration Center, then clicking the Setup Instructions button. On the Setup Instructions page, click the "Setup Notifications" tab to view instructions, and compare to how your Notification Service is currently setup in AMS360.
3. Make sure the NSDepot service is running on your AMS360 server
Per Vertafore, there is a "service" on your AMS360 server called "NSDepot" which must be running in order for notifications to work. To check this:
- Log onto your AMS360 server
- Open the "Run" window by holding the "Windows" key on your keyboard (looks like the Windows logo) and pressing "R".
- In the "Run" window, type "services.msc" and click OK. This should open a "Services" window.
- In the Services window, look for an entry on the list called "NSDepot" and make sure it says "Running". If it doesn't, right-click it and select "Start". This should change it to "Started" or "Running".
4. Contact Vertafore
- ...you haven't changed your API configuration (and you probably haven't!)
- ...and you've verified that there are no undelivered notification messages in AMS360
- ...and your Notification Service is setup as per the instructions found in your Integration Center
- ...and you've verified that the NSDepot service is running on your AMS360 server
...but Agency Revolution is still not receiving notification messages from AMS360...
The problem is 99% likely to be with AMS360. Based on our past experience, it's usually been something with their database. Obviously Agency Revolution has no ability to fix that issue. It requires Vertafore support. As a friendly reminder, we also don't have the ability to login to your system and clear your notifications. We cannot see you user interface.
Getting Vertafore Support
If you're still having problems, contact Vertafore.
We recommend using the normal Vertafore channels to open a ticket.
(We do not have a specific support person we can recommend speaking to at Vertafore since their support staff changes over time.)
*HELPFUL TIP: Some field changes do not trigger updates to the Engine*
Per Vertafore, certain types of field updates in AMS360 will not trigger automatic notifications to the Engine. At this time, we know of at least 2 fields that will not trigger updates to the Engine:
- Client Type / Type of Business (typically populated with values like Commercial, Personal, etc.)
- Line of Business (this applies to cases where you manually change or add a new Line of Business to an existing policy...this kind of change or addition will not trigger an update to the Engine)
If you make an update to one of these fields and you want your update reflected in the Engine, you'll need to make some kind of edit to a different field on the same customer record (such as a name field, a contact detail, etc. - there are quite a few fields that DO trigger update notifications). This will cause AMS to trigger an update notification, which means the entire customer record will be sent to the Engine including the updated Client Type, Line of Business, etc.
At this time, Vertafore does not appear to have any plans to change this functionality so it's just something to be aware of.