|Create Google+ Local Accounts|
|Create Bing Business Places Accounts|
|Create Yahoo Business Places Accounts|
|Sign up with Data Aggregators|
|Create accounts with Review Sites|
|NAP - Use the same Name, Address, Phone # for everything on the web.|
|Create listings on Directories using NAP Information|
|Have your clients leave reviews on your Google+ Local / Yelp Accounts|
When creating any profile online, make sure your Name, Address, Phone Number are all universal everywhere online and offline.
- Create your Google+ Local Account: www.google.ca/business/placesforbusiness (Create an account for each office location). Make sure to input your Business Name, Company Logo, Description about your company, Images, Video's, Employee's, Types of Services you provide.
- Create your Bing Business Places Account: www.bingplaces.com. Make sure to input your Business Information
- Create your Yahoo Business Places Account: http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/local-listings. Make sure to input your Business Information
- Please review your New Business Page Accounts and see if you used the same Name, Address, Phone Number.
Now that you have created your Business Page Accounts, it's time to submit to a couple of Local Citation Directories. Some cost money and some are free. The ones we list here (both free or paid) are worth the submissions and sites they put you on.
Have your clients submit their reviews of your service to one or more of these sources, especially Google Places and Yelp.
Competitive Research (Check your competition's citations)
- Use www.opensiteexplorer.org
- Use your competitor's Name, Address, Phone (NAP) in Google's Search Box to fill out the grid below.
|You||Competitor 1||Competitor 2|
Top UK Local Business Directory Citation Sources
Here is a list of top directories in the UK that you should be listed on. These websites will help you increase your citation count as well as help you rank higher in local search for Google searches.
- Yell.com - Pretty much the equivalent of YellowPages.com for the United Kingdom. Yellowbook.com is part of its network.
- ThomsonLocal.com - They have a large network of websites and are very major data provider for Google.co.uk
- TouchLocal.co.uk - Similar to Thomsonlocal.com
- Scoot.co.uk - The site is part of the TouchLocal network.
- TouchSunderland.co.uk - The site is part of the TouchLocal network.
- FreeIndex.co.uk - A very authoritative site in the UK. Businesses get significant amount of leads via it, and the reviews there are considered very trustworthy.
- LocalDataCompany.com - Business data provider for Google, Facebook, Yell, Qype, ThomsonLocal, TouchLocal, and many others.
- 192.com - This is a website that primarily collects data from many other websites and directories. To add information to it, you need to go to my118information.co.uk.
- UKSmallBusinessDirectory.co.uk - (Paid Directory)
- InfoServe.co.uk - This is the data provider for Yahoo! Local in the UK, as well as for City-Visitor
- Manta.com - (Paid Directory)
- MyLocalServices.co.uk - This is actually one of my favourite UK local business directories.
- GoMy.co.uk - (Paid Directory)